The Curriculum Committee
Membership: The committee shall consist of not less than two Governors plus the Headteacher.
- Fr P Swanson
- Miss P Caine
- Mrs I Dillon
- Mrs S Johnson
Quorum: The quorum shall be two Governors, plus the Headteacher.
Meetings: The committee shall meet at least once a term and otherwise as required.
Terms of Reference:
- To advise the Governing Body on standards, the school’s Curriculum Statement, the LA’s Curriculum Statement and its statutory obligations under the National Curriculum.
- With the assistance of staff, to provide information to the Governing Body about how the curriculum is taught, evaluated and resourced.
- To establish, adopt and review the policy and provision for Collective Worship and for Religious Education.
- To establish, adopt and review the policy and provision for Sex Education.
- To ensure that the requirements of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Looked After Children (LAC) are met.
- To review the information about the school performance, which the Governing Body is required to publish.
- To approve the School Profile.
- To approve the school’s Self Evaluation Form (SEF).
- To establish, adopt and review the home-school agreement.
- To make recommendations as to a Governing Body statement on pupil behaviour and discipline, including a policy on behaviour and upon the exclusion of pupils.
- To review, after consultation with the Head Teacher, staff and parents, the school policies on pastoral care, welfare, health and safety and school uniform.
- To monitor and secure a balanced treatment, where required, of political issues.
- To contribute and monitor relevant areas of the School Improvement Plan.
- To approve and monitor school attainment and improvement targets and provide termly progress reports.
- To develop a policy on visits to school by Governors and subsequently establish an annual programme of visits.
- To receive reports from Governors with a designated interest in specific curriculum areas.
- To ensure there are effective Clerking arrangements in place for the Committee.
- To submit minutes to the full Governing Body.