The Finance and Buildings Committee
Membership: The committee shall consist of not less than two Governors plus the Headteacher.
- Fr P Swanson
- Miss P Caine
- Mrs S Johnson
- Mrs C Walsh
- Cllr M Sweeney
- Mrs S Hughes
Quorum: The quorum shall be two Governors, plus the Headteacher.
Meetings: The committee shall meet at least once a term and otherwise as required.
Terms of Reference:
- To comply with the Financial Regulations agreed by the Governing Body.
- To consider requests/recommendations for expenditure submitted by other sub-committees, members of the Governing Body, Headteacher and convey the decision to the appropriate body responsible for taking action.
Following the receipt of the school budget, to determine detailed budgetary categories and present the proposed budget to the Governing Body.
- To determine and recommend, to the full Governing Body, arrangements for managing, controlling and administering the school bank account, all related financial procedures and records.
- To vary specific budget categories by amounts in accordance with the school’s financial procedures, which will be reported at subsequent full Governors’ meeting.
- To make arrangements to order works, goods and services that would incur expenditure in accordance with the school’s financial procedures, which will be reported at subsequent full Governors’ meeting.
- To consider proposed contracts, which would commit the school to payments beyond the current financial year and make recommendations to the full Governing Body.
- To consider the financial implications of any staffing change and report to the full Governing Body.
- In the absence of the Headteacher the Deputy Headteacher assumes delegated responsibilities.