The Personnel and Appointments Committee
Membership: The committee shall consist of not less than two Governors plus the Headteacher.
- Fr P Swanson
- Mrs I Dillon
- Mrs S Johnson
- Mrs L Rankin
- Miss P Caine
Quorum: The quorum shall be two Governors, plus the Headteacher.
Meetings: The committee shall meet at least once a term and otherwise as required.
Terms of Reference:
- To undertake the selection, recruitment and appointment of staff below Deputy Head Teacher level.
- To determine the staffing structure of the school at least annually in relation to the school’s Development Plans.
- To draw up for approval by the Governing Body all policy documents relating to Personnel issues and to keep them under regular review.
- To monitor staff absences in line with any sickness/attendance procedures adopted by the Governing Body.
- To consider and make decisions relating to staff leave of absence with or without pay.
- To review and monitor the implementation of the school’s Performance Management Policy.
- To monitor Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- To consider and make decisions that could result in a disciplinary sanction/action against an employee.
- To consider and make decisions relating to the compulsory redundancy of any employees in line with the school’s redundancy policy as necessary taking into account any statutory and LA guidance.
- To consider and make decisions that could result in the termination of employment of any employee on the grounds of performance capability.
- To consider and make decisions that could result in the termination of employment of an employee on the grounds of ill health or incapacity.
- To receive reports from Committees which deal with staff related matters.
- To undertake the responsibilities of the Governing Body in respect of newly qualified teachers/probationary teachers.
- To ensure there are effective Clerking arrangements in place for the Committee.
- To submit minutes to the full Governing Body.