Welcome to Year 5!
The staff working with the children this year are myself (Mrs Smith), Miss Cliffe (am) and Miss Beard.
Below are a few notices/reminders about the following year:
- Children are expected to be in school for 8:55am.
- Children should have their PE Kit in school every week – PE and yoga lessons take place every Thursday.
- Please ensure that every item of your child’s clothing has their name on it, to avoid any confusion on PE days.
- Monday – English (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) – Please return by Wednesday.
- Spellings- the children have five spellings per day to learn in school time and at home. They are tested the following morning. A full list of the week’s spellings will be sent home on a Monday with their homework.
- Wednesday – Maths – Please return by Friday.
- Friday – Comprehension – Please return by Monday.
- Reading- This should be an ongoing task each night.
- Children can bring their school book home or can read a book from home.
If your child has asthma or any allergies or medical conditions that I need to be aware of please let me know as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to pop into class after school or if this isn’t convenient please just ask and we can arrange a time that is.