Welcome to Year 6
Welcome to year 6. We are now back into the swing of things and year 6 have a lot to do this year. It will be a great year full of lots of activities and trips. They have settled back into the routines of the school day. Below, I have given you some information about the curriculum, homework, and trips.
They must be in school by 8:55am.
PE kit must be in school every week.
- PE lessons take place on a Thursday.
- Please ensure all items of uniform and PE kit have your child’s name in them
- Home reading must be done every day it ensures children are keeping their fluency and accuracy up to scratch.
- Spellings and timetables should be learnt on a nightly basis. The children all have a log in for TT rock stars which can help them learn their timetables
- Homework will be given out on a Monday, Wednesday and a Friday. Children have 2 days to complete this. They will receive maths, grammar and comprehension. It will relate to what they have been doing in class that day/week.
Year 6 children will be given responsibilities throughout the school. We have elected our head and deputy head children and they will take the lead in many activities. Year 6 regularly take the lead in assembly and duties across the school.
Trips this half term
Clonter Opera – 11th September 2019 ✔
London – 10th – 12th June 2020
May I also take the opportunity to say if any of you have any questions then please feel free to speak to any of the year 6 team – Myself, Mrs Rankin, Miss Roberts or Mrs Hesketh (am) at any point. We will do our very best to help you.
Mr H Foulkes