Welcome to year 6
Welcome to year 6. We are now back into the swing of things and year 6 have a lot to do this year. It will be a great year full of lots of activities and trips. They have settled back into the routines of the school day. Below, I have given you some information about the curriculum, homework, and trips.
They must be in school by 8:55am.
Year 6 children can come into school from 8:30am, once the booster classes start after Christmas. PE kit must be in school every week.
- Yoga takes place on Thursday
- PE lessons take place on a Friday.
- Please ensure all items of uniform and PE kit have your child’s name in them
- Home reading must be done every day it ensures children are keeping their fluency and accuracy up to scratch.
- Spellings and timetables should be learnt on a nightly basis.
- Homework will be given out on a Monday, Wednesday and a Friday. Children have 2 days to complete this. They will receive maths, grammar and comprehension. It will relate to what they have been doing in class that day/week.
Year 6 children will be given responsibilities throughout the school. Head and deputy head children will be elected this half term. Those pupils who wish to be the senior people in the school will have to apply for the position and give a speech to their peers. They will then be voted in by the whole school.
Trips this half term
Clonter Opera – 11th September 2019 ✔
London – TBC
May I also take the opportunity to say if any of you have any questions then please feel free to speak to any of the year 6 team – Myself, Mrs Rankin, Miss Roberts or Mrs Hesketh (am) at any point. We will do our very best to help you.
Mr H Foulkes